This week I have shared on how I pray for my imaginary husband. You can catch up on this short series with part 1 and part 2. I took a pause yesterday in the midst of a difficult week as I felt called to just stop in life and be present in a certain situation.
Today though I wanted to come back and share another area of prayer that I have for my imaginary husband. While this has centered on things I pray for him eventhough I may not know him yet, I believe that if you are dating, engaged or married these are just as helpful points of prayer. Often I find I don’t come in focused on my prayers and tend to ramble (much like I do around here).
This area of prayer today focuses on his inward self a bit, and how that is lived out. If I am missing one, or would like to share how you have prayed in one of these areas, please share below.
- Pray that he pursues passions and activities that are healthy. I know this seems rather silly but often I have found in dating that some activities guys pursue are not healthy and rather detrimental to their lives and those around them if left unaccounted for. (Galatians 5:16)
- Pray that he practices forgiveness in relationships. That he knows how to forgive and how to accept forgiveness as well. (Ephesians 4:32)
- Pray that he would understand and know how to rest. This is something I believe none of us know how to do well, and yet we never ask for ways to grow in that. (Matthew 11:28)
- Pray for his doubts, fears, worries. Pray for his desires, truths and passions. That his worries and fears, the doubts he carries would be released and that he would cast it all at the foot of Christ. That in his desires and passions he would be looking at them with Christ’s eyes.
- Pray for his prayer time. I know we discussed that in the first part but it is vital, just as yours is, to be praying for him in his prayer time. (Romans 12:12)
What do you pray for with your imaginary husband? Has that ever occurred to you as a single woman to do? If you are dating, engaged or married, what would you add?