Well it’s Friday again. It seems to come once a week now, or am I the only one? Today’s Top Five Friday is a little different. I was planning to throw up some “best of books” for the year, but was having trouble narrowing down my list. So instead for today, I am going to give you five things you may not know about me. It’s fun, it’s different…and we’ve got some new subscribers on the blog so this might be of some interest.
1. I have a crippling fear of clowns. There will be no picture accompanying this first one because I’ll go into a panic attack just searching for an image. A guy I dated years ago really thought he could get me over this fear of clowns, so one night (without my knowledge) he rented Stephen King’s It and put it in for our movie night. I ran screaming from his apartment, and we broke up shortly thereafter. I have had numerous panic attacks over this. It’s not funny and it’s something I truly am terrified of, so please respect that if we should meet in person.
2. I have a 5M dating rule. This entails some of my past but there are essentially five guys I will not date: musicians, morticians, military men, magicians, and guys in ministry work. Two of them I have never dated, and three I have…I am going to let y’all guess. But given the nature of their careers I have chosen for my own personal preference to not date any of them (again).
3. I sew by hand. I have a sewing machine that was gifted to me by my former boss’s mother. It’s a lovely machine, but my mamaw taught me how to sew by hand and it’s something I have retained. Full disclosure is that I am not as good as I used to be at it, but that is something I have lined up to work on in early 2013.
4. I used to dream of being a diner waitress. I was talking with a colleague this week about what we dreamt of being when we were kids. I played at being a waitress in a little roadside diner, and changing my name to Stacy. My mom would buy me the guest check tabs at Sam’s Club so I could play at it. I think it had something to do with watching Alice as a kid.
5. I love doing nature photography and recreational hiking. That was the one thing that really stunk about moving to Nashville (other than leaving family and friends behind in Knoxville and Maryville). I was so close to the Smoky Mountains that I’d often go up there before sunrise for shots. I haven’t gotten to go as much now that I’m in Nashville just because I stay busy with other things now. My goal in 2013 is to get back into that more and explore some new places in the vicinity.