You had to have known this was coming. The Top Five idea comes from one Annie…go check her out. You’ll enjoy her blogging goodness.
Today is Top Five Friday, Music Style. This is music I cannot get enough of right now, music that is on serious repeat on the iPod, Spotify, and YouTube.
1. Keep Your Eyes Open by Needtobreathe. I dare you to listen to this and not hit repeat at least twice. Check the official video out here. Now I do have a slight infatuation with this band, as they are by far my favorite and have been for about four years. I saw them for the first time when I worked at The Square Room part time as an events person. Great guys, with a humble attitude about their success, who really enjoy their calling to be musicians.
2. Ophelia by Levon Helm. My dad gave me The Ramble at the Ryman dvd over the weekend and this song is just too much for me. Levon was a very talented man in so many ways. I am sad that I never got to see him perform live. Here’s the clip from PBS.
3. Heaven’s My Home by Sam and Ruby. Lightning 100 here in Nashville play them in heavy rotation and that makes me happy. They have such a different sound than other duos. This is a rough video but they sound amazing live!
4. Man on Fire by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. I have had a few of their songs for years…but only recently got into their music heavily. They played recently on Letterman, and it’s a great performance.
5. Losing by Tenth Avenue North. They originally wrote this song from the stories of listeners to WayFM in Nashville. They went in and tweaked the song for a release on their new album. I love this song.
Do you have any favorite songs of the moment? Feel free to share below…as long as it’s not Taylor Swift. This is a TSwift free zone.